Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sisters

My two youngest are my daughters. Emma is 7 and Kate is 5. Emma has always been very mellow and laid back, gets along well with everyone. At least she is that way until her and Kate decide to not get along. Then it is all out war. I have had to peel daughters apart. Hair pulling, screaming, kicking vicious little things. Their feuds are few and far between but when they do fight it is all out war.

Each girl has her own little dog. Emma has Pogo a fat, little, heavy min pin/ rat terrier mix. Kate has Motor, a very small rat terrier. When the girls fight each dog takes his girls side. This has led to some altercations between the dogs. When the girls get into grappling matches each dog will grab the other dogs girl and try and pull her off.

The three boys are all older but during a girl feud not the brightest. They will try and take sides or make peace. This results in the girls turning on the brothers. I can not understand why these brothers have not learned to stay clear. I have learned this quickly, I simply find a quiet place, yea right in a house with five kids, and read a book or blog. As I type away now two little girls are having yet another sister war. Caleb, the 9 year old brother, has finally gotten both to quiet down and play with him. This may work out or the girls may decide instead to get along with each other and take out the brother. He has found a box of my moms old scarfs and handkerchiefs and is going through them with the girls. Poor boy, I owe him big for making peace for tonight. I think I will go and get them to bed before another war starts over some pretty lacy scarf.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Ah the joy of summer holidays and trying to be an umpire in your own home!
Best wishes