Thursday, September 13, 2007

DO NOT HUMP

We ran across several items of mystery while cleaning out one of my dads backyards. The first one was good for a laugh. It was two signs with the phrase, DO NOT HUMP, printed in large block letters. Evan asked if my parents were hippies, this was worth a great deal of laughing on my part. Hippies? My parents? LMAO not likely, in fact they were first in line to complain when some hippies moved in down the block. I saw no problem with these strange new people but what did I know, I was only about 6 years old. I noticed the other day the signs are in the boys room. I asked what they intended to do with these signs. Evan said his sisters will want to date one day and he will simply tape these to their backs. I can see the future is going to hold some serious fights between three over protective brothers and two no nonsense sisters.

Another mystery was a very strange grub. This was a little white fellow about half an inch long found under a board. Now having three sons I knew this grub would be coming home with us. Home he/she ( how does one sex a grub?), came. We looked at the grub tonight he/she is now three inches long. My husband and I are thinking this is a palo verde beetle grub, (mentioned in previous post). Caleb thinks he is just wonderful. I had him put into a plastic critter keeper with a good lid. Should this prove to be anything not mom proof he/she is secured.

The third mystery was a suitcase and wooden box in the old wooden shed we tore down. I asked my dad about it, he had no clue. We opened the box first to find various items, keys, photos, makeup and some jewelry. The suitcase had some of the same photos and a whole lot more. Two birth certificates, tons of letters, photos and cards. No one in the family knows who these people are. I know this one was named Kimberly Davies and her baby was named Jennifer Davies. I know Kimberly had a rocky start, ended up a single pregnant mom at a very young age in the 70's. I will try and keep up on this mystery as the houses get finished and rented out.

2 comments:

Maddy said...

How excitingly mysterious! Bring out the 'whodunnit' in me. Are you going to investigate further?
Cheers

The Shepcarpclan said...

We are almost done on the one house. I will be looking into the mystery people more. I will also share some of their letters and stories in hopes of finding them.