Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sleep deprivation

When we bought this house we were thrilled that it was one of only three houses on a deep cul de sac and surrounded by a high block wall with a business park next to it. We liked this because, one our kids could play more and not bother as many people, two not as many people could bother us. Down the one side of us is a nice grass area with huge pine trees, then a building with various businesses.

This has always been great until five nights ago. One of the businesses alarm keeps going off, all night long. The people get there around 9:00 A.M. and turn it off. We have been up for hours by this time. My poor husband goes to work at 5:00 A.M. and returns home at 7:00 P.M., twelve long hours of work two hours to drive back and forth. I don't know how he is doing it. I am ready to kill someone, the kids are at each others throats and no one is in a good mood. I called the business, a realtor's office, and explained that we could not carry on this way. The woman was very nice, and apologized. She told me she would have to call the owner so he could call the alarm company. That didn't work at all, towards bedtime last night that darn alarm was blaring again. Hubby called the police, nope sorry nothing they could do. I would like the number of the alarm company, this way I can bug them all night long.

I think that if this alarm continues tonight I am taking the kids over first thing in the morning and we are camping in the office until something is done about that alarm. This is the time of year the ac is off, windows are normally thrown open. Now we are sealed in like a tomb and still can hear that alarm all night long. Tonight will be night 6, I feel that by tomorrow morning there is going to be an extreme danger in mood swings around here. Yes a sit in will work out just fine. I tried the be nice over the phone thing, now I will try the be nice in person thing. Be warned, if this does not work it will get ugly. Two adults and five children lacking sleep is not a pretty sight. The third adult sleeps on the main level so hears nothing. Not only will I park kids in the office I will bring their school work, let them try and teach five cranky sleep deprived children.

No comments: