Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Boys, Girls and Dogs

This entire week is not going well. Today is only Tuesday and I see no hope for the rest of the week. The morning shot by too fast. I turned on my stove to cook lunch and the igniter failed to click, a huge ball of flame quickly came from the burners. Time to find the pipe cleaners and clean out impossibly small holes in the burners. This is a job that the husband is supposed to do weekly. The last time I saw the pipe cleaners they had all been turned into stick figure dolls. I hope the boys made these. The boys don't care if I take the legs or arms off the dolls, the girls on the other hand will take this personally.

The boys are fighting. One argument leads to another today. The girls on the other hand have disappeared upstairs to try and sneak into my room to watch the tv. The rat terriers and the corgi are getting along today. The roommate blew yet another job today, this just sets the entire household on edge. A year of living here, this was supposed to be six months at most. Her goal, stay here while getting divorce, get a job get an apartment. Three jobs later she is now unemployed. Nice enough person just terrible at interviews.

It is hot outside today, 108 and dry. The cicadas are the only things enjoying the heat. All of my tomato plants have died, the grape plant looks terrible. The peppers and brusselsprout plants are doing ok. I need to get moving with the house and dinner. I have a meeting tonight so no walking club. I have a feeling this bad mood will bleed over into tomorrow without a way of blowing of steam today. I used to clean when I was really mad. The husband would come home see a very spotless house and know to tread lightly. With nine people living here it seems impossible to get the house that clean. No sooner do I get one room done and someone is behind me undoing it. I had better go before this wireless keyboard takes flying lessons. I must keep backspacing to correct what it fail to type. I am thinking time to replace the batteries or have sore finger tips from tapping heavily on each key.

No comments: