Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What is wrong with boys?

Today is laundry day, well almost everyday is, but today is big laundry day. I started out early asking the boys to strip their beds. It is now 3:00 P.M. and they are finally stripped. Are boys allergic to clean? While I was picking sheets up off of their floor I noticed an old fish bowl full of bird seed. I dared to ask why the fish bowl and not the convenient zip lock bag it came in. I was informed by my nine year old son that was just a silly question. I also noticed something moving in the room. I know better than to investigate. I know its not one one of the birds they are in their cage. Maybe the toad I never can see it with all the rocks and plants in the tank. I asked the boys. The answer is, "oh the bug got loose, we can't find it". What bug? "The bug we caught at Grandpa's". Oh no, this can't be good. WHAT BUG? The answer? "A palo verde beetle". This is a rather large beetle(3 to 5 inches) with a pincher on its head and wings. I have pulled the birds and the toad out of that room and am going up with bug spray. What is wrong with boys? A lizard, a snake even the toad would be fine, but oh no we have a beetle on the loose. At least it wasn't a scorpion.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

The joy of enquiring minds!
Cheers