Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Off day and getting in shape

The kids and I overslept today. We had rain, a rare event, and it was so overcast that the house stayed dark. My dh had gotten off to work at 4:00 A.M. and we slept until 9:30. When I did wake up I found I had a pounding headache from sleeping so late. The entire day has been off. The wire keyboard quit working, I had to go buy batteries for the wireless. I really don't care for the wireless as it goes through a lot of batteries. I am extremely grouchy today. My kids seem to be about the same as all they have done is argue. I have my walking club tonight too.

My family and I started to get into shape about six months ago. I was not sure how this would go but it has been a huge success. The entire family didn't need to get into shape. Andrew, Evan, Rachel, (the roommate) and myself were the ones that needed to the most. Six months now and Evan has last 50 pounds, Andrew 30, Rachel about 25, I have lost 100 pounds. I now walk every night. I am now up to 2.2 miles at a very quick pace. I have to say I am so proud of the boys, they look great and feel great. This entire family is now a sugar free, mostly organic no junk food period family. Dh is now running to stay in shape. I have started getting rid of all the large clothes we have downsized from. I noticed that Andrew, the 14 year old, no longer has the mood swings he used to. He did have some sugar last week and was a real jerk. He told me he will never eat sugar like that again, he could see the difference in himself. Evan turns down anything not healthy on his own. Now that this family has read up on what goes into a lot of our foods we are very careful about what we eat or drink. Even the younger ones read labels, lol. Caleb, the 9 year old, will tell anyone in the store what is in the foods they have picked up. This leads me to dragging him away from some very freaked out people. This is just Caleb, he gets going on one track and is hard to detour.

No comments: