Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

I was trying to drive in this town yesterday with way too much traffic. We got to Costco to discover it was packed. On the way home more traffic, more than usual. I had the radio on when I heard it was Labor Day weekend. I said how much I hate this weekend out loud. Three children immediately wanted to know why. I had to explain because this is the last one for the summer, we get large amounts of people in that want to do nothing more than block traffic. My dad would later agree with me and remind me Memorial weekend is bad too. I don't think it is.

By this time of year we have had it with the heat, so tempers are just too short to have packed roads and more drunks than usual on the road. The heat seems to have lasted too long by this time, we want it gone. We check in with the weather daily to see if we have any chance of lower temperatures. I am talking 98 instead of 107. Even the dogs are short tempered. We all seem to know fall is close and want it here quicker. School has started so fall should be here too, cooler temperatures = cooler tempers.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Yup I have the fan going full tilt in the kitchen. I'm definitely a 72 degree person.
Best wishes