Monday, August 20, 2007

This week

We gathered around the table Saturday to plan this week. Finish up dads two houses and yards. Get water on to both houses, have a plumber out to roto rooter both houses. Get air condition up and running to one house. Have fence people out to do estimates on new fence and repair one existing fence. Fencing decided on was chain link. Confirm the dumpster, get permit for dumpster. Get in touch with rental agency find out if smoke alarms must be hard wired in. Find an electrician to repair a light carpet installers tore out of hall ceiling in house two. Rearrange storage unit.

Got up this morning, despite a dose of antihistamine the night before, and headed for storage unit. Got there and moved three boxes. Dad declared enough done for now. I stood there thinking, OMG no way we did this for three boxes. Great news the 40 year mattress and box springs are getting tossed. Not because they are as firm as a giant bag of water but because the bed set holds a standard double, this set is a double extra long. What ever reason is fine by me as long as they go.

Got email from chicken husband (my new name for him as of this morning). He has decided to join DPS, did not go over well with me. When we first started dating my first question was, " Do you have any desire to be a street cop?", his answer was "No". I can see this is going to lead to some heated discussions as the week goes on. DPS does not always mean street but as he emailed me the information I am thinking it might in this case.

I need to call fencing companies for estimates and make sure I catch them there. Should they arrive without me at the houses they may think I expect them to install fencing with a torn down wood shed, a six foot high twenty foot long wall of loose cement cylinders. Those will be gone, thus the dumpster. I must also return an empty color ink cartridge, I did not have the empty one when I purchased the last set of cartridges. The gentleman that does the refills is great at his job but a bit overprotective of his cartridge's. I must also get on the phone with plumbers, call one company my dad likes and request a man named Jack. I do hope this does not take a great deal of explanation. My dad had this gentleman install one of the toilets and prefers to deal with him again. Companies are not always understanding in the dealings with the elderly. They really should get that way.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

To say that I do not envy one little bit, would be an understatement.

Yes, the elderly do take delicate handling, as if we don't get enough practice with other generations!
Best wishes